Myriad Genetic's Automation Team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers with backgrounds in software, mechanical, electrical, controls and service engineering as well as molecular biologists and laboratory automation veterans. As a Software Engineer, Automation & Robotics within Counsyl's automation team you will play a leading role in the scale-up of our automated laboratory to support the simultaneous processing of thousands of samples across multiple workflows. The focus of your work will be on the integration of the most advanced industrial automation and lab automation equipment with our in-house laboratory event scheduler and information management systems. This work interacts with many other aspects of Counsyl's automation technology, from the design of custom instruments to helping scientists automate new biological assays.
The vast majority of our operations are powered by our own custom-built infrastructure on a Python/Django/Postgres stack, from ordering to lab processing to billing. We're building new tools, new workflows, and new infrastructure to solve the challenging problems of a technology startup involved with not just bits, but also interconnected physical components like lab robotics and patient samples.
Solving these problems requires great software engineers to help us scale up genomics to billions of users.
What you'll do:
* Develop our Python stack that directly runs the robotic devices in our state of the art automated genomics lab.
* Integrate in-house systems such as lab process scheduling, LIMS, HPC, and data review UI.
* Resolve production lab issues and engineer long-term solutions through root cause analysis and data analytics.
* Provide technical leadership and drive best practices for development, code review, testing, and deployment that will ensure the shipment of quality code into production.
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 5 years of industry experience working with web application development, preferably Django
* 5 Years of industry experience in a high level language, preferably Python
* Experience with a modern JS framework such as React or AngularJS and frontend asset build pipeline a plus.
* Relational database systems experience, such as PostgreSQL
* Experience with Unix and other command line tools
* Demonstrated experience with development processes and tools
* Demonstrated experience with configuration management, automated testing and deployment, plus virtualization technologies would be a major asset
* Prior experience working in a regulated environment with design control would be an asset
* Biotech, pharmaceutical, lab automation, LIMS, or clinical-laboratory experience would be an asset.
* Excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
* Bonus for previous experience integrating JIRA into an automated anomaly/error tracking system.
About Our Company
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.