Search for more jobs
Software Engineer -- Audio, Video, Image, Scientific Data
* Job: 21105-SMAR
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Join our team and help our MATLAB customers import and export their audio, video, image, and scientific data -- including big data -- and work with it in the productive technical computing environment they expect from MATLAB.
You will participate in all phases of the design, development, and testing of I/O capabilities for audio, video, image, and scientific data formats including scaling up to big data/cloud environments. You will be involved in the entire development process, including:
* Planning and prioritization
* Gathering user requirements
* Writing functional specifications
* Design reviews
You will work closely with other developers, quality engineers, usability specialists, and writers on the MATLAB Datatypes and IO Team, and will also collaborate closely with downstream teams in Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning to help them leverage features and infrastructure you have developed.
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
Some additional nice-to-haves are any combination of the following:
* C/C++ programming skills
* MATLAB programming skills
* Familiarity with software design patterns and object-oriented design
* Experience with file I/O and file formats, especially audio/video/image/scientific formats such as MPEG, AVI, WAV, FLAC, JPEG, TIFF, HDF5, netCDF, and FITS
* Experience working with C/C++ third-party libraries
* Familiarity with MEX files and converting MATLAB to C
* Experience writing multi-threaded, highly-performant software
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.