Software Engineer - Asset Wealth Management
Req #: 190046236
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development life-cycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Key responsibilities shall include, but no be limited to:
* Responsible for the technical integrity of our team's delivery.
* Be an active developer and contributor to the team's delivery. Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult
* technology challenges and drive our team to successful delivery.
* Ensure development quality is being tracked and improved using techniques like Unit Testing and Peer Review.
* Cultivate and introduce (where appropriate) Agile engineering practices including: Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development.
* Strengthen the presence of our team as a Technical center of excellence. Actively work with other leads to align to a consistent technology vision and keep the rest of the organization aware of our activities.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or the foreign equivalent.
* Knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment (both SCRUM and KANBAN).
* Experienced mentor with the ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
* Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms).
* Minimum 10+ years of programming / application development work.
* Financial knowledge is a must. Asset management experience desirable
* Working knowledge of relational database technology ( Oracle and PLSQL preferred)
* Very good understanding of software testing techniques. Strong understanding of the software development methodologies, processes and principles.
* Experience with agile is a plus.
* College degree in related technical or business area, specialized training and/or equivalent work experience
* TDD - Must have practical experience with unit testing including deep understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks.
* ATDD - Experience with Acceptance Test Driven Development including the use of tools like Cucumber and Selenium.
* Continuous Integration - Experience automating builds with Maven using CI Servers like Jenkins.
* Continuous Delivery - Experience with automated deployment pipelines
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.