* The Lead Java Engineer will be responsible for leading the design, development, modification and evaluation of development activities for the McKesson Specialty Health Customer Center application
* Interface with Product Managers to determine key requirements
* Work with Engineering, QA and Ops teams to identify and resolve code issues
* Design and develop full stack application business logic using GWT, Java, J2EE, SQL, HTML, CSS, XML, SOAP, REST and other related technologies
* Handle user cases coming as part of door bell and JIRA Ticketing systems
* Administrative activities (people management, staffing, etc.)
* Lead a team of Software Engineers and QA Engineers in Agile development methodologies
* Work in unison with Product Owners to understand business requirements and prioritize team backlog
* Analyze defects and stories and guide team members to completion
* Analyze existing programs or formulates logic for new systems, devise logic procedures, prepare flowcharts, perform coding, and test/debug programs.
* Develop conversion and system implementation plans.
* Prepare and obtain approval of system and programming documentation.
* Recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards.
* Train users in conversion and implementation of system.
* 5+ years' experience in software engineering
* Advanced Java web application and web service development skills (J2EE, Multi tier architecture, GWT, API Development)
* Experience architecting full stack Java application with relational databases
* Experience understanding both new technology and legacy code base
* Oracle SQL programming experience
* Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
* Api development experience with SOAP or REST
* Experience with Google Tag Manager kit (GTM, GA)
* 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.