We are currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer I to join our Innovation Center - New England (ICNE) team located in the Greater Boston Area.
Software engineering at AeroVironment includes control of UAVs, missiles and other robotic systems, and the technologies to support this, including optical (video) tracking and image recognition, autonomy, GNC, robotics, and man-machine interfaces. Experience in robotics is a definite plus in this environment. If you're motivated to work on important products with highly motivated and capable people, AeroVironment can provide interesting challenges and rewards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Generate software subsystem requirements as well as developing and analyzing the detailed software requirements.
* Develop system level software architecture and create software high-level design documents with UML.
* Code, simulate, integrate and validate software.
* Develop simulation and interfacing methodology for the testing software.
* Will work closely with multiple teams of software developers supporting different programs.
* Participate in software design reviews.
Required Qualifications & Background
* US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) required due to ITAR
* BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
* A minimum of 0-2 years of experience in real-time/embedded application software development.
* A minimum of 0-2 years of experience with C++ and Object Oriented Design
* Basic electronics knowledge and use of lab equipment are required.
* Expert in software life-cycle development including defining and documenting requirements, object-oriented software architecture and design, programming and testing, and source code configuration management.
* Technical knowledge and experience with the following are desired; Serial communications, Network communications, CAN communication, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, image processing.
* Experience with image processing is a plus.
* Experience in Guidance, Navigation and Control a plus.
* Experience in autonomous control and navigation of unmanned vehicles a plus.
* Windows programming a plus.
* Familiarity with Keil, Visual Studio, and CCS a plus.
* Familiarity with iMX6/Linux a plus.
* Familiarity ARM processors a plus.
* Familiarity with SVN configuration management tools a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills. Strong listening, questioning, clarifying and summarizing skills to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group settings.
* A willingness to travel, on occasion.