TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is developing advanced communication systems for use in various military and commercial applications.
Job Function: The Applications Software Engineer is responsible for creating intuitive graphical user interfaces and networking applications for TrellisWare's wireless communication products, using today's modern software technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Designing and implementing web, PC and mobile application user interfaces.
* Enhancing and maintaining a suite of wireless networking configuration and situational awareness tools.
* Developing intuitive visualization techniques for large data sets.
* Documenting and presenting design alternatives using good personal practices and corporate defined engineering processes.
* Optimizing web requests across multiple servers from a single client.
* Developing back-end server communications between multiple servers.
Education and Work Experience:
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
* Minimum of two years industry experience developing user interface applications.
* Experience implementing contemporary user interface solutions.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
* Working well independently and within a team environment is required.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
* Proficiency in C++, .NET, Objective C, Java and/or Java Script is required.
* Proficiency with Windows environment is required (other OS desired).
* Proficiency with iPhone and/or Android user interface design is desired.
* A working knowledge of common revision control systems is required.
* Strong artistic and creative ability is essential
* The ability to think from a user's perspective is essential.
* An understanding of web based services and IP networking is desired.
* Familiarity with Google Earth and other map based API's is desired.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach within hands and arm's length, stoop, kneel, and crouch, talk and hear.
* Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to use office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, etc.
* Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required
TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company's right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.