SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (APPLICATIONS)
We are seeking a Software Engineer to build software used to design, develop, test, and launch rockets, spacecraft, and satellites. Our software engineers are involved in every facet of SpaceX by developing software solutions for things like tracking complex movement of parts, manufacturing integration assemblies, and even tracking telemetry of launch vehicles during a mission.
As a Software Engineer, you will engage with other SpaceX engineers to discover the needs of the mission and write highly reliable software which turns the mission into reality. You will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support.
You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you are technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm; you remove hurdles. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to venture quickly into unknown areas and code and make the system work.
* Build highly reliable software solutions for every part of SpaceX
* Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
* Act as a responsible engineer for various software products
* Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
* Deep dive into your users' problems, find efficient solutions
* Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline OR 2+ years of experience in software development.
* 2+ years of experience developing across a full-stack: web server, relational database, and client-side/front-end
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 2+ years of experience in web applications development
* 2+ years of experience as an architect - proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems with flexible and scalable UI that meets future needs
* Expertise in C#., NET, SQL, HTML, CSS, AngularJS, TypeScript
* Expertise in Python, PostgreSQL, Linux
* Deep understanding of object oriented programming and design principles
* Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
* Experience scaling web applications and optimizing applications for performance
* Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
* Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
* Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR HERE.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX (also known as Space Exploration Technologies) is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.