Software Engineer (Android UI) - Consumer Product
San Francisco, CA
The Android UI Team is responsible for the Twitter for Android user experience across every surface area of our product. This team impacts hundreds of millions of users, working towards building a modern and consistent product experience that brings the best of Twitter to users across any device, language, or accessibility need. We keep development lightweight and agile, make data driven decisions, and release with high quality and velocity. Come be a part of our team!
Who We Are:
Our team cares deeply about both the Twitter user experience and the Twitter developer experience. We build reusable UI components and frameworks that drive consistency not only in the Twitter for Android user experience but also in the Twitter for Android codebase. We work at the forefront of Android and we're passionate about both design and engineering. We work on high impact large scale projects, but we pay close attention to the small details along the way too. Some past projects have been driving app wide design refreshes, updating our core navigation patterns, and building robust RTL support into our system of shared UI components.
What You'll Do:
As part of the team, you'll work all over the Android stack. At times you'll serve our internal customers, working on components and infrastructure that enable product teams to build high quality features quickly and efficiently. Other times, you'll serve Twitter users directly, working on projects that directly improve the user experience. You'll collaborate closely with partners in engineering, product, and design to push the Twitter for Android experience towards the future.
If this sounds like you, you probably have:
* Top-notch Android programming skills
* A strong eye towards design and usability
* Technical depth that allows you to negotiate expectations around technical limitations, bring designs to life, and rapidly fix bugs
* Experience working closely across a variety of teams including product management, design, and engineering
* Advocacy of the principles of accessibility and the ability to build interfaces accessible to users with disabilities
* Knowledge of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization
* Previous experience developing mobile applications (on Android)
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.