Postmates runs one of the largest on-demand delivery platforms in the country, fulfilling millions of deliveries each month across the United States. We aren't just another ad platform or mobile app for serving static user-generated content; we have real customers, merchants and couriers using the platform to buy, sell and deliver goods on-demand.
We work on 3 Android apps here at Postmates: the Buyer, Fleet, and Merchant apps.
Engineers have high impact and are relied upon to own end-to-end deployment/support of our applications. Ideal candidates should have developed several native Android applications with complex functionality and significant user bases. Bonus points if you've worked with Kotlin, Jetpack Architecture Components, RxJava, Retrofit, or Dagger. Experience with Go, Python, or Google Protocol Buffers is a plus.
Check out some of our open source work here and here!
* Write clean, robust, modularized code to build product and engineering features
* Create and maintain testing infrastructure for unit & automated UI tests
* Improve product quality through code reviews and adopting best practices
* Be a thoughtful leader by researching and evangelizing emerging mobile technologies and sharing that knowledge with colleagues
* Manage releases -- creating builds, working with QA, fixing bugs, and monitoring the release
* Build prototypes to quickly demonstrate new features and product ideas
* 3+ years of experience in building mobile applications
* Experience developing and shipping one or more Android apps on Google Play
* Deep understanding of Java / Kotlin and the Android SDK
* Ability to get things done and work in an area outside of your comfort zone
* Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
* Strong sense of ownership and drive
* Sharp problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
* Bachelor's degree or experience equivalent
* Experience developing mobile applications that serve millions of users
* Experience developing and optimizing top-notch UI
* Experience instrumenting and optimizing performance
* Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* We'll provide the equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
* Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
* Catered lunches and open snack bar
* Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
* Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
* Full support to contribute to open source projects
* Awesome office located in SOMA just minutes from BART, Caltrain, Muni, AC Transit, SamTrans
Postmates is a company developing an urban logistics and on-demand delivery platform.