At Lyft, community is what we are and it's what we do. It's what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
You're an enthusiastic and experienced app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our awesome Android team. We build apps used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases.
Work happens at our New York City office where you'll work in one of our product teams consisting of 5-8 engineers, UX designers, QA and product managers. Within the teams, backlog groomings, planning meetings, daily standups, demos and retrospectives keep us agile, accountable and reliable. Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behavior and heavy use of top-notch analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging allows for rapid iteration.
With a strong focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data. Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, and every feature hammered on by manual and automated QA.
* Work within our product teams to build new exciting features
* Implement dp perfect designs with advanced animations
* Improve our code base through continuous refactoring
* Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
* Extend and implement our APIs
* Implement unit and integration tests
* Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art of Android development
Experience & Skills:
* Experience using design and architecture patterns.
* Deep understanding of unit testing.
* Strong knowledge of Java, Kotlin or NET.
* Good sense of usability and product.
* Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services, accessing various data storages.
* Track record of pursuing self directed side projects or open source projects.
* Shipped Android apps, ideally available on Google Play.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.