Since our founding in 2009, we've relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world's most discerning audiences. For almost a decade, we've helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step. Today, we take that even further with a self-serve media network to grow, retain and monetize audiences and PhunCoin, a new cryptocurrency token designed to change the way you're compensated for the data you share. By bringing power back to the end user, we ensure that the Phunware ecosystem remains future-proofed, constantly self-enriching and - above all - a new kind of tech giant built by people, for people.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today-our Phamily always has room for one more!
At Phunware, we focus on delivering category-defining mobile experiences and measure everything we do against that goal. We're looking for exceptional, like-minded engineers who want to help us in that mission.
In this role, you'll join our roster of top talent and work collaboratively to create the greatest end-user experiences. You will put your Android development skills to the test by planning, designing, and writing high-quality code alongside our passionate team of developers.
We're proud to work with the world's largest brands, delivering high profile applications for major players in spaces such as Media & Entertainment. We work on cutting-edge technologies through partnerships with Google/Amazon and solve problems that will challenge even the most seasoned Android developers.
A Week In Your Shoes:
* Build large scale mobile apps for Android
* Work in an organized team environment spanning across multiple departments
* Implement story-driven requirements
* Participate in Code Review process
* Participate in Sprint meetings
What We Look For:
* Programming expertise with Kotlin (REQUIRED)
* Programming expertise with Java (expected)
* Must be local to / be able to immediately relocate to Austin, TX, San Diego, CA, or Newport Beach, CA
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of professional native Android development
* Significant contributions to multiple feature-rich Android apps
* Experience working with backend APIs
* Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Strong technical leadership and guidance skills
* Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills
* Familiar with agile development processes
* Experience shipping apps to both the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore
* Experience as a Technical Lead
* Experience mentoring junior developers
* Experience writing unit tests or other forms of automated testing
* Familiar with Continuous Integration tools, such as Jenkins
Compensation and Benefits:
* Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
* Competitive salary
* Flexible paid time off
* Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental and vision coverage
Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Phunware: Everything You Need to Succeed on Mobile
Phunware Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is the pioneer of Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS), a fully integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides companies the products, solutions, data and services necessary to engage, manage, and monetize their mobile application portfolios and audiences globally at scale. The company offers cloud-based mobile Software Development Kits (SDKs), which include location-based services, mobile engagement, content management, messaging, advertising, loyalty and rewards (PhunCoin) and analytics, and a mobile application framework of pre-integrated iOS and Android software modules for building in-house or channel-based mobile application solutions. It also provides cloud-based vertical solutions of pre-integrated iOS and Android mobile application portfolios for healthcare, retail, media, real estate, hospitality, sports, aviation and other sectors, and knowledge graph and data solutions that allow real-time mobile audience targeting, reach, engagement and monetization for 1:1 insights and interactions. Phunware helps the world's most respected brands create category-defining mobile experiences, with more than one billion active devices touching its platform each month. The company was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. For more information about how Phunware is transforming the way consumers and brands interact with mobile in the virtual and physic¸al worlds, visit https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.phunware.com/&source=gmail&ust=1547941246816000&usg=AFQjCNHMFthuCFH2qu-vAMGpbB6toupq4Q" rel="noopener">www.phunware.com, https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.phuncoin.com/&source=gmail&ust=1547941246816000&usg=AFQjCNGSdMsu5-jVcYCZfuaOsA0BREPgrQ" rel="noopener">www.phuncoin.com and follow @phunware on all social media platforms.