Augmedix is a health care services technology platform deployed across the US with many of the nation's largest health systems. Our mission is to rehumanize the clinician-patient interaction by allowing our clinicians to fully focus on patients. We provide remote, technology-enabled, real-time EHR scribing and productivity services to outpatient clinicians. Our service saves users more than 10 hours a week and increases clinical efficiency by 40%.
Augmedix is looking for an experienced Android engineer with solid app development and Android OS knowledge to join our growing Product Development team. This individual should have research oriented experience on Android, Android OS and Linux kernel to propose creative solutions to challenges surrounding device performance, as well app development experience to contribute high-quality code and features that create delightful user experiences. The right candidate will have the openness to be part of many different types of projects with a high level of context-switching ability.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
* Work with a team of engineers to build high quality, scalable mobile applications for Android devices (smartphone and heads up display)
* Design and implement user-facing features working closely with Product and Design teams to create delightful experiences
* Build the libraries and frameworks that support integration of Augmedix applications across multiple android devices
* Swiftly investigate and resolve bugs with solutions that improve overall application performance
* Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and application performance
* 4+ years of software development experience in Android, Android OS, Linux
* Bachelor's' degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Drives operational feasibility and technical estimations of projects/sprints/tasks by collaborating with product managers, engineering leads, engineering managers
* Investigates problem areas to provide creative, innovative and effective technical solutions for products and services
* Stay current on state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and new libraries, and propose integrations where appropriate
* Possess in-depth knowledge of and experience with Android OS and Android Development Framework including Android SDK, NDK, ADB, ADT, Fastboot
* Experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving
* Hands on experience in writing production grade Kotlin code
* Proven experience with various smartphone services/libraries such as location, wifi, multimedia, notifications, multi-tasking, microphone and camera
* Process-oriented with ability to work with different UI material components and rapid prototyping
* Strong design experience and technical knowledge, analytical and 'joined-up' thinking, conflict resolution
* Experience developing and working with Android apps that deal with WiFi connectivity and overall knowledge on wireless network communication
* Experience working with geographically distributed teams
* Excellent communication skills presenting ideas and concepts to technical teams; strong communication skills translating technical concepts into business impact
* Experience in Agile/Scrum or working in highly dynamic and changing environment.
* Understanding of and experience with unit, integration, UI automation other testing technologies/methodologies.
* Experience with CI servers (e.g. Jenkins, Sonar)
Nice to haves:
* Knowledge of OWASP security best practices
* Experience with WebRTC or any other real time streaming protocols
* A portfolio of fast, usable, well architected Android apps in the Play Store is a plus
* Experience with Gradle
* Excellent understanding of Java and lower level programming concepts such as OpenGL and Networking
* Use of private app store or OTA distribution
* Health, Dental, Vision benefits
* Unlimited vacation policy
* Flexible working hours
* Fully stocked kitchen
* Animal friendly work environment
* Opportunity for extreme growth and promotion within Augmedix
* Multitude of events, social events, networking opportunities
* Opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds in healthcare technology
Augmedix is a company that develops a physician productivity platform powered by Google Glass.