Launching next year, Quibi is the first entertainment platform that fits perfectly into any moment of your day. We're on a mission to entertain, inform and inspire with fresh content from today's top talent-one quick bite at a time. Founded by Jeffrey Katzenberg and Meg Whitman, Quibi brings together the best of Hollywood and Silicon Valley.
Every day, we're defining the next era of storytelling while reinventing what a start-up can look like. Our trailblazing team is laser focused
on our core audience, producing awe-inspiring shows for an intuitive, mobile-first platform, and creating a culture where everyone is heard. Yes, it's a tall order-and that's what makes it so exciting. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and build something from the ground up, working here will never be just a job.
Quibi's engineering team is seeking experienced Android Engineers who are sharp, motivated and will help build the technology backbone of our service. This role is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to create and build the next generation in mobile video viewing experiences on the Android
What You'll Do:
* Build a brand new app from scratch; no legacy codebase
* Build well-architected components for complex and ambiguous technical problems.
* Design well architected solutions and build iteratively into systems while maintaining the best agile practices
* Contribute best-in-class programming and API design techniques to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
* Unit-testing code for robustness
* Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Quibi experience for the Android platform
What You'll Need:
* B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in developing Android applications
* Demonstrated experience with Android SDKs, design patterns, clean architecture
* Understands Material Design
* Experience in or interest in learning Kotlin
* Experience with Mockito, JUnit and Espresso
* Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
* A focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
* Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
* Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team.
* Love of owning a problem end to end
* Experience as a technical lead building Android apps.
* Experience with In-app Billing
* Contribute to the wider Android community via open source
* Experience with custom layout managers, views, animations and transitions
* Experience with video streaming
Quibi is an equal employment opportunity employer. Quibi does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Quibi also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.