You will work alongside a small and deeply hardworking engineering group, building out services that power mobile experiences for a majority of top companies around the world. Today, we are powering over 5 billion API transactions a day and growing rapidly. You will wear different hats along the way, working on our current set of open source SDKs, and building new ones that we create as we grow and support new platforms. You will encounter primarily Java based Android SDKs, alongside wrappers for other platforms like React Native, Unity, and Cordova. If this sounds appealing to you, you will feel right at home at Branch!
If you are passionate about mobile applications and being a part of the vision for where mobile can go next, come join us!
What You'll Do:
* Responsible for design and development of next generation software development kit (SDK) to enable developers build better features using deep links
* Work on the futuristic features that enable app developers to better grow their apps with Branch links
* Responsible for design and development of other supporting Android SDKs, tools and Android Applications to help automated and efficient integration of deep link SDK
* Help Branch Partner application on any issue with integrating any of Branch deep link SDK or Supporting SDKs. Work for fixing any issue or feature requests reported with Branch open source SDKs
* Also responsible for learning and adapting new changes in Android technologies and leveraging it to the benefit of Branch deep link SDKs.
* Responsible for scoping, defining and leading design and implementation across multi-functional teams. You will often take vague product requirements and be responsible for breaking them down into smaller components displaying committed prioritization and coordination
* Work collaboratively with product managers, infrastructure, platform and data engineers to refine requirements, architect and implement complex systems
* Debugging hard problems - that's a given! When things break -- and they will -- you will find yourself debugging those challenging bugs and will be eager and able to fix things
* Every week we find ourselves learning something new, whether it's a new technology or a quirk of a language we otherwise didn't know. On occasion, you may find yourself picking up a new language or working with an unfamiliar platform. If this does not intimidate you, and you're eager to dive in and get the job done you will be right at home
We're Looking for Someone With:
* Professional experience building Android applications for 2+ years
* Proficient in Java and comfortable diving in to any language or technology
* Comfortable with use and functions of Android SDK, Java and XML and be able to build mobile applications to Android
* Experience developing SDKs and tools for Android platform
* Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
* Displays a significant ownership of features and systems and pursues a result driven development approach consistent with pragmatism
* Keen on leading technical multi-functional project teams
* Passion for building and shipping phenomenal customer facing software
* Ability to write readable and testable code
* Detail oriented, self-aware and a desire to continually improve
At Branch, we're transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver flawless experiences that increase return on investment, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. By integrating Branch technology into core marketing channels including apps, web, email, social media, search, and paid ads, leading brands are driving higher-value conversions than ever before.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA and with offices around the globe, Branch has raised more than $200M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund and Playground Ventures. We power mobile links, attribution, and measurement for more than 3 billion monthly users and over 50,000 apps, including Airbnb, Ticketmaster, Reddit, Buzzfeed, Twitch, OfferUp, Poshmark, and many more.