Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, "We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better."
Hiring for different Levels:
* Senior Software Engineer, Backend- 5+ years prior work experience
* Principal Software Engineer, Backend- 8+ years prior work experience
Rally Engineering - is modern, in public cloud (AWS), micro-services based large distributed system and is quality driven. Our stack consists of Scala, Play, Akka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Jenkins, Kafka, Spark, HDFS etc. We believe continuously evaluating our tech stack, have an easy process of suggesting and adapting new technologies. Our engineers enjoy being empowered and accountable.
* We are searching for "passionate" Software Engineers, (Backend specific) who would be responsible for working in the belly of our system; Rally Health has many vertical product lines
* You would be showcasing your strong skills in the backend systems of our user navigation, communication, and outreach products.
* You will work closely with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, do technical assessment, design, code, test and deliver
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields
* Command of Java, and a desire to learn Scala if you do not have this skill set already
* Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
* Ability to track down root causes and fix them in systematic ways
* Strong computer science fundamentals
* Analytical with strong problem-solving skills; pays attention to detail
* You should be motivated working in a team setting to deliver features largely motivated by the mission
* You should already know or be interested in learning our technical stack
* This position requires a deep interest in Software Engineering with strong knowledge of computing concepts such as fault tolerance, self-healing, network protocols, network programming, multithreaded programming, performance, reliability, scalability, and security
* We are looking for you to be a self-starter along with showing our company that you have a validated track of success as well as a strong sense of ownership
* Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
* Previous experience in the healthcare industry
* Technical understanding and experience using Identity Management software at an enterprise level
* Familiarity with NoSQL, RDBMS, and Scala
* Experience with AWS (configuring, deploying, managing, monitoring) services and distributed applications
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Rally Health
Rally Health is a consumer-centric digital health company that helps individuals to take care of their health and collaborates with health plans, care providers, and employers to engage consumers.