Analyzes, develops, and designs software for the organization's products and systems, with focus on cellular sub-systems. Performs system integration and support of cellular software components, Modem, RIL, Telephony, framework and UI. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.
* Architects, designs, and supports developing, and testing of WWAN solutions to several highly-complex technical projects.
* Decompose cellular function requirements to appropriate software components, developing software requirements specifications, design specifications and test plans.
* Design and develop software components for Android Mobile computers. (Android Framework, applications services & drivers in Java, C, C++)
* Prioritizes quality and seeks out improvements in all aspects of the software projects.
* Maintains keen awareness of competitor products and development direction to help direct designs to surpass the competition.
* Uses status as a developer of novel and creative solutions to build business and bring positive attention to technologies and services.
* With other engineering disciplines, develops next generation ideas and solutions to meet client needs before the competition.
* Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Recommend project approach and goals.
* May supervise the activities of others.
* Acts as prime consultant on large projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives.
* Experience with WWAN test equipment such as network simulators and call boxes
* Perform testing of the Wireless Wide Area Network subsystem (both live and Network simulators)
* Support Certification and Carrier certification, ability to troubleshoot/debug issues and track them in database and communicate with various teams and labs
* Experience in dealing with JDMs, 3rd party test houses and have good people and collaboration skills
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate engineering discipline required.
* Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of engineering work experience or Master's degree and 3+ years of engineering work experience.
* Technical knowledge of wireless technologies and protocols such as GSM, CDMA, HSPA, LTE Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets.
* Demonstrated experience with system integration and support of Cellular software components, Modem, RIL, Telephony, framework and UI
* Demonstrated experience working with a chip set provider is required.
* Demonstrate experience working with Android OS, Java, C, C++ and cellular & network technology.
* Demonstrate experience working with wireless technologies and protocols such as GSM, CDMA, HSPA, LTE.
* Working experience with software development process experience (Agile, SCRUM).
* Proven experience in working with different technology teams and good execution skills.