Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build out Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That's why we need smart, humble, funny people to keep Tumblr growing. We're big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us.
Tumblr's Ad Products team is looking for a full-stack (front-end + back-end) Software Engineer to build innovative features that will generate revenue and arm advertisers with robust analytics data will help drive monetization strategy.
What You'll Do:
* Develop new features that will engage millions of users worldwide
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use
* Ensure the technical feasibility of new Ad UI/UX design and formats
* Architect and implement new products on our internal and external APIs
What We're Looking For:
* Strong technical chops, up and down the stack
* Strong experience with PHP
* Minimal of 3-5 years of professional working experience
* Solid intuition on what makes good quality code
* Curiosity, and a willingness to learn and talk about emerging technologies
* Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
* Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
* Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
* Familiarity with Python
* Experience building or maintaining databases (Hive)
* Cross-browser, cross-platform coding
* A strong product and design sensibility.
* Enthusiasm for Tumblr as a product.
* A good sense of humor and a love of collaboration.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.