About the role:
This role is part of the ACTV engineering team that designs, builds and maintains Adobe's TV platform for planning, buying and reporting TV advertising. As part of the Adobe Ad Cloud, the ACTV infrastructure is comprised of UI applications, REST APIs, data pipelines and asynchronous workloads. Deployed on cloud infrastructure, the TV platform leverages a Java application stack along with additional technologies including Hive, Elasticsearch, Hazelcast, Memcached, Aerospike, and MySQL.
What you'll do:
* Design, build and maintain core TV planning models and algorithms that align with feature requirements and constantly improve and refine accuracy.
* Design, build and maintain highly scalable data pipelines to ingest and process TV audience and viewership data daily from several sources.
* Leverage various data storage facilities to support data access patterns (e.g. relational DBs, in-memory caches, Elasticsearch).
* Design, develop and maintain APIs to expose core data to ACTV planning, ordering and reporting systems.
* Develop tools and processes to guarantee data integrity and accuracy from data source to API.
* Design and plan core infrastructure enhancements to meet performance and scalability requirements.
* Use and promote software engineering best practices across the team.
What you'll need to be successful:
* Expert level Java/OOP development experience (3+ years)
* Experience with big data pipeline tools and techniques
* Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and data modeling
* Solid Linux/Unix skills
* Experience with configuration and infrastructure management tools such as Puppet and Terraform
* Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
* Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.