Search for more jobs
* Job: 21404-DCOL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Working under the direction of the Engineering Manager, will be responsible for developing and advancing MATLAB's ability to interface with external languages and object systems including C++, Java, .NET, and Python; performing integration between MATLAB and commonly used libraries using C++ and system level programming; supporting third party compilers used by MathWorks products at runtime; contributing to end-to-end software development including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and testing; partnering with technical marketing and cross functional teams to gather user requirements and assess opportunities; developing new product features and improving existing features; supporting internal developers leveraging existing and new functionality; and conducting design reviews with peers and advisors.
Education and Experience:
Master's degree or higher (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Science and no experience.
Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Science and five (5) years of experience in job offered or five (5) years of experience in object oriented programming in C++ and MATLAB.
* Demonstrated expertise writing, compiling, and debugging C/C++ MEX files to interface MATLAB code with C and C++ within a multiplatform environment -- Windows, Linux, and Mac; and designing infrastructure for compiler support using MATLAB algorithms.
* Demonstrated expertise in object oriented programming in C++ and MATLAB; and interfacing MATLAB with C++, Java, .NET, and Python.
* Demonstrated expertise developing MATLAB interfaces to C and C++ libraries using Boost and STL, MATLAB GUIs, XML, and inter-process communication; and designing and implementing parsers to parse C++ headers for MATLAB code generation.
* Demonstrated expertise in the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, functional design, architecture design, implementation, and testing.
[Expertise may be gained during Graduate program.]
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.