Minimum Clearance RequiredUS Citizen Responsibilities
* US Citizen; must be able to pass background check
JAVA Software Maintenance and Support Engineer to support software operations and maintenance activities. Will be responsible for:
* Maintenance activities required to identify and permanently correct problems or defects in operational software, implementation of enhancements or modifications
* Perform systematic inspection and correction of potential failures or degradation of service levels either before they occur or before they develop into major defects
* Conduct tests, collect measurements, observe performance, and analyze historical problem trends specifically to prevent faults from reoccurring
* Support Operations Help Desk service restoration providing assessment support, root cause analysis, and problem resolution
* Update Software documentation for each software release as needed
* Update internal program processes and documentation as needed for new releases and improvements
* Support for meetings and reviews as requested to meet customer needs
* Designs and code software components, units, and modules that meet product specification and development schedules
* Tests and debugs assigned components and units
* Participates in large system and subsystem planning
* Adheres to product build and release schedules and strategies
* Acts as a technical resource for lower-level developers
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
* Performs a variety of complicated tasks
* A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
* Works under general supervision
* Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department
* BS Degree in a STEM related field with 4 years of experience as Java Software Engineering. Experience may substitute for education.
* Experience developing and maintaining complex applications environment using JAVA
* Strong experience reviewing, debugging and modifying code that has been written by others
* Science based experience preferred
* Experience working in an Agile Development environment
* Experience developing JAVA code in a Redhat Enterprise Linux environment using database application services (i.e. Oracle, PostGres)
* Ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts and contribute to the enhancement of new principles, concepts, standards, test procedures, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingeniousExperience in evaluating new techniques, developing solutions and guiding the direction of the software activities
* Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to provide world class premier solutions, and our goal to lead in our industry, we want you to fast-forward your career at ISYS, Incorporated (dba ISYS Technologies). We are an award-winning Woman-Owned Small Business providing Engineering and Information Technology (IT) services to Federal, State, and Local government. Our mission is to provide the highest quality service possible at the best value. We are a customer-focused and results-oriented company. ISYS provides innovative and cost-effective services that fulfill the needs of our Government Customers and Industry Partners as demonstrated by our outstanding reputation. Headquartered in Colorado, ISYS serves key national customers, to include the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and several Federal Civilian Agencies
* Competitive compensation with advancement opportunity
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
* Flexible work schedule
* 10 paid holidays
US Citizenship is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees
About ISYS Technologies
ISYS Technologies is a technology company which offers aerospace and engineering services to federal, state, and local governments.