Role Summary:Software Engineer - DevOps will be responsible for making our software development & deployment contemporary and effortless by leveraging modern continuous integration & continuous delivery technology stacks. You will own the full lifecycle of the deliverables including analysis, design, development, release and maintenance.
Essential Responsibilities:• Work closely with software architects & technical leads to translate user needs to software requirements.
* Design, develop, test, refactor and continuously improve software functionalities.
* Continuously expand technical knowledge, keep abreast of emerging software technologies and apply them to software development automation.
* Deliver to expected timelines and quality standards.
* Participate in & drive non-program, engineering improvements to enhance the efficiency and productivity of the software team.
* Able to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using discretion to seek help.
* Collaborate with lead and senior engineers to design solutions and drive those decisions into the design of automation solutions.
* Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
* Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and able to implement them using chosen language.
* Work across the entire software development lifecycle including high-level and detailed design, software implementation, verification, and maintenance activities.
* Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Software Engineering, or a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math).
* A minimum of 2 years of professional software development
* Experience in supporting software build and continuous deployment systems and tools such as Jenkins/Hudson, NexusPro/Artifactory or equivalent
* Experience in configuration management tools such as Perforce/GitHub/Clearcase
* Experience with build tools such as Apache Maven/Gradle or GNU make
* Experience in software development on Linux platform
Desired Characteristics:• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field.
* Knowledge of Infrastructure automation framework (Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
* Familiar with Virtualization technologies such as Virtual Box, Docker containers.
* Experience with quality tools for test automation tools, and static and dynamic analysis.
* Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in-house developed toolsets, package management tools such as RPM.
* Self-starter who is motivated to learn and is at ease working as part of a team of highly talented professionals.
* Experience with agile principles and methodologies.
* An appetite for taking intelligent risks and willingness to experiment new technologies & methodologies.
* The ability to take an idea and run with it, while also being a great team player
* Dependable, hands-on problem solver obsessed with automating processes with excellent organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented but moves fast
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Knowledge of Software development cycle and product delivery as applicable to the medical device industry
* Attention to detail and ability work independently towards timely completion of a variety of assignments
About Us:GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Illinois, Wisconsin;Waukesha, Chicago;
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.