Software Engineer, Framingham, MA
Applause is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in our headquarters located in Framingham, MA office. Here in our headquarters we create and maintain the heart of our business - a platform that enables our hundreds of thousands of in-the-wild testers to provide quick and meaningful feedback to the world's largest app-creating companies. We still work like a startup in small, fast-paced, energetic groups but with all the perks of a larger organization.
As an Engineer at Applause you will:
* Design and develop the next generation Applause platform.
* Work in strong agile teams, using modern development methodologies.
* Work closely with product managers, designers and customers to deliver impactful product initiatives.
Be part of the success in developing Applauses' next generation platform. You'll be owning features from start to finish: defining, designing and building new features; deploying with the latest tools including Docker, Terraform, Mesosphere and Marathon; all as part of a feature-based agile team, within a global engineering effort, using modern development methodologies.
Applause is the worldwide leader in crowdtesting and digital quality. Software is at the heart of how all brands engage users, and digital experiences must work flawlessly everywhere. With highly-vetted testers available on-demand around the globe, Applause provides brands with a full suite of testing and feedback capabilities. This approach drastically improves testing coverage, eliminates the limitations of offshoring and traditional QA labs, and speeds time-to-market for websites, mobile apps, IoT, and in-store experiences.
Thousands of leading companies - including Ford, Fox, Google, and Dow Jones - rely on Applause as a best practice to deliver high-quality digital experiences that customers love.
We are looking for engineers who:
* Are customer-focused, driven and passionate in creating premier experiences through well designed, tested and maintainable code-bases.
* Are always looking to learn and improve - independent self-learners who love to share what they find.
* Are team-focused, pragmatic engineers who enjoy working on small, agile teams.
* 5+ years' experience building commercial software.
As members of feature-focused teams, we are looking for people with a variety of technology skills. We're looking for people with one or more of the following:
* Modern backend technology such as Spring Boot, NodeJS, Python's Django, etc. (we use a mix of Java, NodeJS and Django).
* Love crafting beautiful RESTful web-services and have a strong knowledge in the way the web works.
* Experience with relational and No-SQL databases: MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Memcached, Redis, etc. (we use MySQL, Postgres, Redis and Memcached).
* Experience with data streams or real-time data pipelines.