Search for more jobs
* Job: 21344-DCOL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Working under the direction of the Engineering Manager, will be responsible for developing improvements to the statistical capabilities of MATLAB Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox; collaborating with computer scientists, machine learning specialists, and statisticians, and assisting them in delivering accurate algorithms that can scale up to Big Data applications and in design and development of easy-to-use interfaces to those algorithms; collaborating on projects from early design stages and playing a critical role in driving them to delivery; designing and developing machine learning and statistics functions written in MATLAB or C++; driving multiple projects and participating in research, requirements gathering, creating project plans, designing, and delivering the product; and collaborating with the team to refine business ideas and define requirements for projects.
Education and Experience:
Master's degree or higher (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Science and no experience.
Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Science and five (5) years of experience in job offered or five (5) years of experience in development, testing or technical support of MATLAB graphics tools and statistics and machine learning tools.
* Demonstrated expertise applying statistical and numerical methods and machine learning methods -- clustering algorithms -- to build statistical tools; and writing statistics-based learning algorithms in MATLAB and C++.
* Demonstrated expertise applying mathematical optimization, linear algebra, and probability statistics principles to write machine learning algorithms.
* Demonstrated expertise in object-oriented design and implementation using C++ and MATLAB; and in parallel programming using MATLAB, C, or C++.
* Demonstrated expertise writing MATLAB code for MATLAB graphics data analytics and data plotting.
[Expertise may be gained during Graduate program.]
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.