Are you passionate about building always available, scalable, highly responsive services? Do you want to work on building experiences that boost productivity for thousands of your coworkers?
Microsoft's Sales, Marketing, & Supply Chain Engineering team is responsible for the systems that support Microsoft's end-to-end process of building new hardware and getting our products & services into customers' hands. These systems span the gamut...from the platforms that facilitate designing, manufacturing, delivering and servicing our 1st party hardware, to the experiences that empower Microsoft's retail and commercial sales and marketing teams around the world to do their best work.
We are growing a strong, diverse team of engineers and have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more.
* BA or BS degree in Computer Science or a related discipline (or equivalent work experience)
* Working understanding of operating in an Agile team
* Experience with direct and distributed teams
* Relevant experience in design
* Testing mindset, consider testability before beginning code development
* Translate problem solving techniques into efficient code
* Understanding of data structures and data storage solutions
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Interview Day at our Redmond campus on Friday, February 22nd, 2019. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
* Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through code and design reviews, and by using data/telemetry to make decisions
* Develop "best-in-class" engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, reusable, diagnosable, and actively monitored
* Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas
* Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when his or her code is ready to be shared and delivered
* Gain an understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
* Stay educated on existing and state of the art technologies, and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.