LEAP Program Candidates -
Are you ready for the opportunity to make a billion people more productive with Software? Do you have the right skills to write and maintain services?
We are looking for candidates who can think broadly, collaborate well, pick up and contribute to a broad range of technologies, and generally want to have fun enabling enterprise customers to leverage technology to be their most efficient and effective in their business.
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes which will enhance their ability to succeed in these various positions.
* Collaboration - As most development is about working with others, both within an immediate team, as well as across business units and portions of the company, an ability to collaborate effectively is a core competency to have.
* Customer Focus - A focus on delivering customer value and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
* Drive For Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
* Qualified candidates Must Have Already Successfully Completed or Participated on the LEAP Program and worked in a software engineering environment.
* Current MSFT LEAP Program Experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Experience in creating enterprise scale Business Intelligence (BI), Analytics, Data Warehouse, Big Data systems.
* Knowledge in Data transfer/sync frameworks, reporting frameworks, Relational Database development and performance tuning skills on very large-scale enterprise systems.
* Experience using automated test frameworks as a part of the engineering
* Experience with building in telemetry into the products
* Experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) with the ability to perform multiple roles (Developer, Scrum Master, Service Reliability Engineer)
Preferred, not required:
* Experience in Azure based analytics, storage, and reporting - Azure data lake, Azure Datawarehouse, HD Insight, Azure Data Factory.
* Exposure to Big Data concepts
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and Develop secure, maintainable, accessible, and scalable large, complex data warehouse and Analytics systems.
* Participate in design & architecture discussion with the team.
* Define and execute test automation plans, automated test cases for DBs and data pipelines
* Implement continuous integration/delivery with build and deploy automation
* Work with the Product owners to understand and influence the service roadmap
* Carry out quick technology "spikes" (or proofs of concepts) to create value in new features and service.
* Monitor Live Site of the key business/service metrics in production to ensure a quick response in case issues occur (or preferably before the issues occur) and to ensure the service performs well on the agreed outcomes.
* Stay educated on industry trends and emerging concepts in technology and constantly look for opportunities to embrace those that value the service.
* Create prototypes to deliver next gen apps using latest and greatest technologies
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.