Company Job Title:
Non - Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Software Engineer will provide sustainment and development for several systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, modify, develop, write, and implement web and desktop applications under general guidance from a technical lead.
* Assist with sustainment, integration, and follow-on enhancements to existing applications
* Produce application code one or more of the following technologies:
* C#.NET MVC
* Entity Framework Code First
* .NET Web API
* SOAP and REST Web Services
* Help manage data and data structures using MS SQL Server including:
* Understanding SQL and data modeling
* Data transformation objects
* Object relation mapping with Entity Framework
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, and work experience
* 2 years' experience in software engineering
* Software Engineering experience, internship, or training from a recognized entity (ITT, Ranken, LaunchCode, etc.)
* TS/SCI Clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to solve complex engineering problems utilizing creative thinking skills.
* Strong communication skills.
* Knowledge of general software development concepts.
* Familiarity with development frameworks, preferably Agile.
* Familiarity with back-end and/or front-end development concepts.
* Ability to meet eligibility requirements of a government security clearance for access to classified information.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.