Since our founding in 2009, we've relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world's most discerning audiences. For almost a decade, we've helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step. Today, we take that even further with a self-serve media network to grow, retain and monetize audiences and PhunCoin, a new cryptocurrency token designed to change the way you're compensated for the data you share. By bringing power back to the end user, we ensure that the Phunware ecosystem remains future-proofed, constantly self-enriching and - above all - a new kind of tech giant built by people, for people.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today-our Phamily always has room for one more!
Phunware is seeking Software Engineer in Austin, Texas with proven experience designing and developing software systems that leverage open source and big data related technologies. The software engineer's primary responsibility is to develop high performing, scalable applications. We work in a fast paced environment across the server side, advertising, and mobile platforms. Phunware needs our engineers to be versatile and capable of addressing challenging and exciting opportunities as we continue to innovate and lead in the mobile space. The ideal candidate is proactive, responsive, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and experienced with software development in an agile environment.
What You'll Do:
* Develop applications using Java, RESTful web services.
* Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using agreed upon technology.
* Develop software including unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration.
* Work in an organized team oriented environment with shared responsibilities.
What You'll Bring:
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* Must be local to / be able to immediately relocate Austin, TX
* 2 - 3 years of professional software development experience
* Good experience with REST API frameworks
* Strong SQL skills
* Experience working in Continuous Integration (CI) environment
* Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Responsible, organized and hardworking with excellent communication skills
* Experience with agile development processes
* Experience with cloud delivery platforms, ideally AWS
* 1 to 2 years of hands-on experience in Java required
* Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Aerospike
* Comfortable with linux, scripting(shell, python etc)
* Proficiency with Github
* Experience with mobile related technology (iOS/Android)
* Experience developing applications that interact with message queues (RabbitMQ or Kafka)
* Full Stack experience is a big plus
* Familiarity with node.js, React
Compensation and Benefits:
* Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
* Competitive salary
* Flexible paid time off
* Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental and vision coverage
Phunware: Everything You Need to Succeed on Mobile
Phunware Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is the pioneer of Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS), a fully integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides companies the products, solutions, data and services necessary to engage, manage, and monetize their mobile application portfolios and audiences globally at scale. The company offers cloud-based mobile Software Development Kits (SDKs), which include location-based services, mobile engagement, content management, messaging, advertising, loyalty andrewards (PhunCoin) and analytics, and a mobile application framework of pre-integrated iOS and Android software modules for building in-house or channel-based mobile application solutions. It also provides cloud-based vertical solutions of pre-integrated iOS and Android mobile application portfolios for healthcare, retail, media, real estate, hospitality, sports, aviation and other sectors, and knowledge graph and data solutions that allow real-time mobile audience targeting, reach, engagement and monetization for 1:1 insights and interactions. Phunware helps the world's most respected brands create category-defining mobile experiences, with more than one billion active devices touching its platform each month. The company was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. For more information about how Phunware is transforming the way consumers and brands interact with mobile in the virtual and physical worlds, visit https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.phunware.com/&source=gmail&ust=1547941246816000&usg=AFQjCNHMFthuCFH2qu-vAMGpbB6toupq4Q" rel="noopener">www.phunware.com, https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.phuncoin.com/&source=gmail&ust=1547941246816000&usg=AFQjCNGSdMsu5-jVcYCZfuaOsA0BREPgrQ" rel="noopener">www.phuncoin.com and follow @phunware on all social media platforms.