At SDL Research, we have over a decade of experience in designing, building and deploying large-scale cutting-edge software applications. We offer the opportunity of research and software development in a dynamic setting where you can have an enormous impact.
As a Software Engineer at SDL Research, you research, design and implement solutions to interesting problems at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence and Software Engineering. You will use your strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, networking, distributed computing, and large-scale system design to build SDL Research next-generation products and platforms.
You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, excellent communication skills and the desire to build innovative complex large-scale systems.
* Collaborate to create robust large-scale, production-ready applications which leverage distributed computing and dynamic provisioning
* Design and develop research-oriented web-based applications
* Contribute to systems architectures and networking infrastructures
* Design and develop SaaS applications
* Write efficient, scalable code
* Build SDL Research next-generation products and platforms
* BS degree in Computer Science or related field
* 2+ years of experience as a Java software developer, in an Agile environment
* Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
* Development experience on Linux and Windows
* Solid scripting skills are a major plus (shell scripting, and Python/Perl)
* 4+ years of relevant experience, and strong Java programming skills
* Experience with microservices architecture is a big plus
* Experience developing event driven systems
* Work experience with messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
* Experience with Big Data technologies (HBase, Apache Zookeeper, Hadoop)
* Experience with application deployment and orchestration tools (Docker, Marathon, Mesos, Kubernetes)
* Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Patterns and practices
* Experience working with large-scale work flows
* Experience with distributed processing systems and familiarity with server-side and client-side web development
* Strong team player with excellent communication, documentation and problem solving skills
SDL Research has a global footprint with a network of 57 offices in 38 countries, yet we manage to keep a small company feel. We research and design large-scale cutting-edge software applications in Machine Translation, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
With a strong infrastructure, a rich product ecosystem, a large customer base, state-of-the-art machine learning, big data platforms and technology enabling global communication,
SDL Research drives the future of customer experience.
We are looking for talented, collaborative and creative people whose expertise and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and software development can help build SDL's Research next-generation products and platforms.
So come and join our team today and begin your new journey with us!
SDL plc specializes in language translation technology, services and content management.