The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine recently named The Trade Desk among the best small to medium-sized workplaces in the US.
You might be a great fit for The Trade Desk development team if:
* You are a full-stack SOA engineer / generalist. Experience and (just as important) interest in working in a variety of layers and technologies within a SOA is a must for our team. This includes (walking down the stack): AngularJS SPA development, MVC-based web architecture, external RESTful APIs, distributed (and in our case, highly scaled) request handling services, no-SQL and relational SQL databases, big data processing (e.g. data bus architecture, Hadoop / MPP data warehouse, etc.), and data visualization (e.g. Tableau). Experience in all these layers is not strictly required, but we do like to see experience working in more than one, as well as eagerness to work on projects that might slice through them all (because they often will).
* You have a track record of significant, specific, and self-directed contributions to large and challenging projects. What we're getting at here is "grit" or "street cred" - some proof that this isn't your first rodeo, and you have learned some lessons the hard way.
* You lead with humility and confidence. Our engineers have the opportunity (and are expected) to exercise a high degree of leadership and expertise in their daily work, having strongly held and defensible ideas, and advocating for what they believe is right. But they also need to be eager to hear differing opinions, adept at identifying and evaluating trade offs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to walk through fire to help out their follow teammates.
* You have product-driven software development experience using a modern, object-oriented language. Memory-managed languages are best -- .e.g. C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. We do a lot of development in C#/.NET, but specific experience here is not required.
We also hope you'll take some time to learn more about The Trade Desk and what it's like to work here. Here are a few links to help get you started:
* Learn more about our mission to transform the global advertising industry
* See what it's like to be an engineeron one of the world's most highly scaled Internet applications
* Experience a taste of our global culture
* Get to know a few members of our team
* Read the Glassdoor reviewsthat got us named one of the top 20 best places to workin North America
NOTE: Do your best to apply to the one role and location you believe best fits your skills, needs, and interests. There's no need to apply to more than one - if you're qualified, we'll find the right role and location for you.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is an online demand-side platform that provides buying tools for digital media buyers.