Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
As an Engineer on the Platform as a Service team at Venmo, you are a thoughtful and collaborative technologist who loves to build maintainable, scalable, and reliable platform services.
The ideal candidate will be a backend developer with strong experience writing Python services on Kubernetes, using MySQL and other NoSQL databases. As a PaaS Engineer at Venmo, you will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features pertaining to the services that are the backbone of Venmo. You will be expected to be a role model on coding standards, frameworks, platforms and other best practices for the rest of Venmo's engineering team.
What You'll Do
* Design and implement new services using cutting edge technologies to support Venmo achieving its business goals.
* Collaborate with the architecture team to develop robust, portable, and interoperable solutions to the difficult problems faced by a growing organization.
* Collaborate with the Information Security team to keep Venmo, and its customers, safe from emerging security threats.
* Take an active role in reducing the technical debt in our various codebases.
* Triage, debug, and assure the timely resolution of software defects.
What We're Looking For
* You exhibit excitement and readiness to work in a collaborative environment.
* You seek the opportunity to accept and give constructive criticism and to brainstorm with team members.
* You bring attention to detail and thoroughness, including documentation and testing.
* You have experience maintaining end-to-end availability and performance of critical services.
* You understand the tools at your disposal and can determine when a new tool is appropriate for the task at hand.
How to Really Get Our Attention
* You have experience with production services in public clouds, containers, and kubernetes.
* You have experience with developing distributed services using technologies success as gRPC, Finagle, Thrift, or similar.
* You have experience with database technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, or similar.
* You have experience analyzing and remediating performance issues in distributed applications.
Newton - Massachusetts, Massachusetts, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a global technology platform and digital payments company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants.