Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for technologists with the highest levels of technical talent, programming, communication skills and a keen desire to deeply understand our product.
Things you'll do as a Software Engineer at Venmo:
* Consult on, design, estimate and implement new and refactored software services on the platform to better facilitate money movements securely, reliably and at scale. Take ownership for quality of design and implementation of software components
* Deliver high quality code on time and follow SDLC process
* Have an appetite to learn and contribute to complex projects alongside senior engineers
* Interact with various non-engineering teams such as product, support, finance operations and senior leadership
What we are looking for:
* 3+ yrs experience in all phases of enterprise software design, development and testing
* 3+ yrs experience Java, Python or equivalent high level programming language
* 1+ yrs experience with RDBMS and NoSQL data stores, caching solutions (e.g. Redis, ElastiCache) and messaging/queuing protocols/systems such as Kafka/AMQP/RabbitMQ
* Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
* Being collaborative, willingness to learn and also share/teach the team
Newton - Massachusetts, Massachusetts, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a technology platform company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants worldwide.