Are you passionate about building always available, scalable, highly responsive services? Do you want to work on building experiences that boost productivity for thousands of your coworkers?
Microsoft's Core Services Engineering and operations team is responsible for the systems that support Microsoft's end-to-end business process that span the gamut - from the platforms that facilitate designing, manufacturing, delivering and servicing our 1st party hardware, to the experiences that empower Microsoft's retail, commercial sales and marketing teams, and that of employees and visitors around the world to do their best work, to large scale enterprise services that help us run our finances.
We are growing a strong, diverse team of engineers and have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more.
* 5+ years' experience with development and design
* Good understanding of databases Oracle, SQL etc.
* BA or BS degree in Computer Science or a related discipline (or equivalent work experience)
* Working understanding of operating in an Agile team
* Experience on cloud platforms, including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud etc.
* Relevant experience in design
* Testing mindset, consider testability before beginning code development
* Translate problem solving techniques into efficient code
* Understanding of data structures and data storage solutions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design, develop, test, and deploy large scale distributed software services and solutions
* Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through code, design reviews, test driven development, and by using data/telemetry to make decisions and drive feedback into the services,
* Develop "best-in-class" engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, reusable, diagnosable, and actively monitored
* Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas
* Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when his or her code is ready to be shared and delivered
* Gain an understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
* Stay educated on existing and state of the art technologies, and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.