Software Engineer - Carrier Integration
We are looking for a highly motivated, and a passionate Software Engineer in our Carrier Integration Engineering team to build next generation integration platform and help propel us into future. You should have in-depth technical background and proven industry experience in software architecture, design, development and testing. You will build mission critical data interfacing systems to securely exchange membership data with insurance carriers and payment data with payment gateway providers. You should be solution-centric, results-oriented, and experienced in Agile development methodology. You are ambitious, talented, and driven to make the team and project successful. You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Design and build complex data integration solutions that can be scaled to support many partners (API and EDI) hosted on eHealth carrier integration platform.
* Understand complex use cases, design solutions, break down to detailed designs and participate in implementation, coding and testing.
* Create and maintain WIKI for technical specs, design docs and willingness to communicate complex technical topics to either peers (or) to non-technical audience.
* Collaborate with geographically distributed teams during technical discussions or at project delivery.
* Collaborate effectively with Product Management, stakeholders or partner technical teams to map technical requirements, create designs, or to implement and test software.
* 4+ years of industry experience in software design and development.
* Experience in data interfacing methods (web services SOAP/REST) and data extraction/transformation through different formats (CSV, XML, JSON, web extraction).
* Experience in creating web services (REST).
* Development experience in open source and Java technologies, including Java, Spring, Hibernate.
* Experience in data modeling and schema design for relational (MySql/Oracle) and document-based databases (MongoDB knowledge a plus).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
eHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
eHealth is the health insurance exchange and online resource for individuals, families, small businesses and Medicare.