Azure SQL Database is a fast-growing platform as a service that is attracting application developers and enterprise workloads to the cloud. Our team is responsible for critical functions of the platform such as connectivity and data geo-replication. As part of the team you will be working on new features and improvements geared towards Enterprise customers and greatly improve customer adoption and satisfaction. We work to ensure that connectivity and replication are massively scalable and work on technologies such as Virtual Networks and Active Directory to provide seamless and secure integration with other cloud-native services as well as hybrid on-premises to cloud scenarios. This is a great opportunity to learn about hard distributed system problems and how to build a highly-scalable and reliable service. You will be working in an environment where innovation is valued and will have an opportunity for direct impact on functionality, security, performance, scalability, manageability and supportability of the Azure SQL Database Service.
* B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science
* 3-5 years of work experience is required.
* Strong technical problem solving, communication, and collaboration skills
* Proficiency in C#, C++, and SQL Server with expertise in troubleshooting and debugging skills
* Multithreaded and parallel programming experience
* Great curiosity and willingness to question
* High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
* Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
* Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
* Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
* Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who is willing to take on challenging initiatives, capable of working both independently and with others as a team, and able to follow through to deliver results.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.