So what's our story? We believe our value is in helping our clients do something they never dreamed possible. Giving them that certain moment when clarity becomes confidence. Finding a whole new customer segment. Reaching everyone who needs to be reached. Understanding those tiny market nuances. There's more, of course, but these are the kinds of things that make the difference to our clients - the things that help them sleep at night.
Are you self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering results? Do you have a demonstrated ability to think strategically in complex situations, motivate and mobilize resources, and deliver over the top results? This Big Data Engineer role will be provide the opportunity to do all of the above while driving architecture design, data modeling, and implementation of Big Data platform and analytic applications.
What you will do:
* Fulfill requests from the product team such as building upon our Acxiom Unified Data Layer(UDL) product base, optimizing data processing via Spark/Scala, researching new innovation ideas.
* Optionally solve additional challenges in our service tier in NodeJS
* Write spark jobs and components in Scala programming language
* Work in an agile teaming environment
* Consistently provides proven, formal mentorship
* Regularly lead self and others and/or established as Product SME and/or established as specialist
* Understands how whole picture aligns to overall Acxiom strategy
* Works with product manager to maximize the components ROI
* Expected more thought leadership
* Have a broad understanding of the external events that may impact applications or systems (networking, operations, etc.)
What you will need:
* 3+ years experience in Big Data Hadoop, Hive and Spark with hands on expertise in design and implementation of high data volume solution
* Good knowledge of configuring Spark and working on multi node clusters and distributed data processing framework.
* Hands on knowledge of Big Data Analytics and Predictive Analytics
* Extremely agile with good knowledge of relational DWs as well as NoSQL DBs like, MongoDB etc.,
* Strong in Spark Scala pipelines (both ETL & Streaming)
* Proficient in Spark architecture
* Cloud developer experience in leading cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
* Strong development skills in Node.js for REST apis
* Experience with real-time data ingestion using streaming technologies such as Kafka and Kinesis.
Primary Location City/State:
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status.