Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American's Data Trace LLC is the nation's largest provider of automated title plant and tax information services for title companies nationwide. Our leading technology allows quick access to title history information, property tax assessment and payment data, document images, and property files in major metropolitan areas across the United States. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.datatracetitle.com.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in Santa Ana, CA! As a Software Engineer, you will participate in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for business applications. You will be responsible for Web application, middle-tier implementation and integration with backend databases. You'll work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them.
* Designs, codes, unit tests, debugs, and creates documentation for custom software
* Interacts with Product and Technical team members to develop custom software meeting business needs.
* Monitors and reports to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
* Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
* Problem-solve and think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* Proficient in Object-Oriented Programming Language (C#, Java, or Python)
* Good understanding of Database concept, design and query language (T-SQL)
* Experience working with Microsoft Technology Stack (.NET Framework, MS SQL Server)
* Azure Cloud development experience is a plus
* Expertise with developing multi-tiered software applications
* Experience translating software requirements and experience with software design solutions
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
* 2-5 years of directly related experience
* Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
About First American
First American Title Insurance Company facilitates and streamlines real estate transactions by providing comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services.