What if your ideal job description were simply "Make tomorrow better?" That's the essence of roles within our Bing Team. Every day, we bring an insatiable curiosity to the table, challenging ourselves to reimagine what is and what can be. We build on what's come before to create what's next. We drive machine intelligence. We help shape the future. We empower billions of people around the globe.
What about you? Are you passionate about working on a product used by millions of people daily? Would you find it personally rewarding to be in the business of bringing new users into Bing and making them fans of Bing? Does working in a fast-paced environment, surrounded by amazingly competent and passionate engineers appeal to you? Do you like to take initiative and put your creative juices to work to identify the next big idea, prototype it and run an experiment via a powerful and flexible flighting mechanism pioneered by Bing? Do you like being in a start-up environment where you get to ship to production every day?
If you're thinking 'Yes!', we need you! Come join the Bing User growth and Engagement team as we tackle these and many other exciting challenges. We have projects that break boundaries, push the envelope, and appeal to engineers from all types of backgrounds, whether you're a full stack developer, a UX frontend/ client specialist or simply want to create amazing user experiences.
* 2+ years development experience and track record of shipping features
* Strong engineering fundamentals and exceptional problem-solving aptitude
* Passion for product excellence and user experience that delights users
* Strong communication skills
* Experience in some of these technologies - C#, Java, .NET, CSS, HTML, JS, frameworks like React & AngularJS
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Additional qualifications (each of these is a nice 'plus')
* Experience running experiments and analyzing metrics preferred.
* Experience growing product user base (engineer, not marketing) is a big plus
* Working on distributed systems such as Azure or AWS or equivalent.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Have a bias for action and focus on achieving metric goals for the feature.
* Analyze data to propose new features or improvements to existing features.
* Help design and develop new features and components.
* Maintain and add new features into existing components.
* Have a customer centered approach to development.
* Follow engineering best practices in day to day development activities.
* Contribute towards live site monitoring and engineering agility features.
* Partner with other project stake holders to drive the project/area forward.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.