Bing is actively seeking software engineers who will collaborate across the organization to build observability and resilience into our rapidly evolving network infrastructure. You are an engineer who is passionate about systems that are the basis of the Internet today - DNS, network protocols, load balancers etc. and have an aptitude and desire to always build reliable distributed systems.
Your work will not only involve writing code for our systems, but will also include contributing to Open Source, building on top of existing software, as well as interacting with teams across Azure and other parts of Microsoft to build reusable, shared components for the company.
* Our team is based in the US and China and collaborates with teams in other regions as well
* We own Availability and Latency as core metrics for Bing. Our goal is to drive the right set of features and build systems that continue to drive these metrics for our business.
* Our developers work across a lot of systems and programming languages, including but not limited to C++, C#, Python, PowerShell etc.
* The team prefers to collaborate with others on their projects apart from their own individual work. This builds cross-functional capabilities in all our engineers.
* We have on-call rotations on our team, spread across US and China
* The team values diversity of background and perspective. We seek to learn and grow in everything we do
Our engineers take pride in the systems we've built; we strive to maintain a high quality bar for code that we write, and ensure that there is a good work-life balance while building and running these world-class systems.
* At least 3 years' experience working with DNS and/or network protocols or OS-level connection libraries
* Experience with traffic routing and load balancing across datacenters
* Deep understanding of core network stack
* Familiarity with Windows and *nix operating systems
* At least 2 years of programming experience with TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS etc. related software
* BE in Computer Science or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work with DNS, network protocols, and traffic management systems
* Write software and along with automated tests that scales with increasing demands from our services
* Automate network processes
* Create reusable network libraries
* Work with teams across Microsoft to build common components
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.