The Bing Whole Page Team is looking for experienced engineers to solve deep problems throughout the Bing search stack (from relevance to UX), to improve search experiences for our end-users worldwide. The problems are complex and deep rooted. If this sounds challenging, then come talk to us. We are a team of passionate individuals aiming to enable search for all users on the planet no matter which device/OS, which language or which region they are querying from and serve them the most relevant search results with the most pleasing user experience. This is inline with our company mission to empower every individual and organization on the planet to achieve more.
We are looking for someone that:
* Is strong in both engineering and algorithm design.
* Is able to take on broad technical initiatives, drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results.
* Is passionate about coding, quality and teamwork.
* Is passionate about driving innovation based on end user metrics and KPIs, shipping product with fast-pace.
* Is willing to ship end-to-end features and release all the parts of the feature independently.
* Is able to do detailed data analysis and improve the user experience iteratively.
This job requires strong technical skills. You must have the following skills and experience:
* 2+ years of experience in software development.
* 1+ years of experience in Web UI development
* Experience in online services development.
* Demonstrated experience in a rapid development environment
* BS or higher degree in CS or equivalent
* Knowledge of French or German preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
* Design and implement new software features and telemetry
* Through experimentation, evolve and improve existing features and designs
* Aid in monitoring our live site and ensuring rock-solid reliability and performance for our millions of users
* Ensure that our products ship fast and with high quality
* Working effectively with the other disciplines within Bing to help us become the best search engine on the web
* Design, develop and ship challenging new UX experiences.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.