Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building the Microsoft IoT platform which will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade!
You will be part of the infrastructure engineering efforts in the Azure IoT Platform team that builds and runs Azure IoT's flagship services like IoT Hub and IoT Device Provisioning service. These services are responsible for high telemetry throughput, device management, and bi-directional communications between IoT devices and the cloud. Candidates will be part of a team that enables massive scale, stateful cloud applications that are self-managing and can be operated with ease in public or private datacenters around the world, enables secure interconnection for millions of devices to and from the cloud, and develops distributed systems capable of scaling to millions of transactions per second at sub-second latencies.
The infrastructure team in the IoT platform is also responsible for the next generation infrastructure that allows for hyperscale growth of the IoT services over the next couple of years. This includes managing auto-scale and capacity of our front-end infrastructure, enhancing control plane services, working on high-availability and disaster recovery customer facing features, providing end-to-end customer metrics pipelines, creating toolsets for accelerating deployments, enabling auto-rotation of secrets, enhancing visibility of our global deployments, and onboarding to the latest Azure features like Azure Kubernetes Services and VMSS.
Join us in helping drive our mission to offer the most scalable, powerful, and secure IoT platform empowering businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 100 enterprises to achieve more! You will be an important part of a team of highly motivated and talented individuals and this is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career, and influence the next generation of distributed systems platform for Microsoft.
* 4+ years of industry experience in software development for cloud / enterprise / server applications
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
* Knowledge of data-structures and algorithms
* Experience writing and debugging asynchronous and multi-threaded code
* Strong technical aptitude coupled with a demonstrated ability to adapt to and learn new technologies
* Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
* Experience developing IaaS / PaaS services for a cloud platform
* Experience developing applications hosted on top of Azure, AWS, or other similar cloud platforms
* Experience authoring performance / stress tests, analyzing the results and identifying potential bottlenecks
* Experience building a data access layer on top of either a SQL or NoSQL database
* Knowledge of .NET, C# and associated toolsets / frameworks
* Familiarity with Zookeeper, Service Fabric, Actor Frameworks, or a similar type of distributed framework
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Author highly-efficient code that scales to hundreds of millions of devices at minimal operational costs
* Add rich, seamless integration of IoT Hub with bleeding-edge, 1st-party Azure Services
* Enable advanced connectivity mechanisms between the IoT Hub and its devices
* Provide implementation / integration of standardized, industry-wide protocols, such as MQTTS, AMQPS, HTTPS, and Websockets
* Design and develop efficient, airtight security primitives connected IoT devices will leverage
* Work directly with major customers in the industry to both diagnose and provide solutions for their technical scenarios
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.