Are you excited by the idea of integrating multiple Microsoft technologies into highly strategic customer focused scenarios? Do you want to have deep engagement with enterprise customers and directly observe the impact of your work? Are you a software engineer interested in using your design, coding, troubleshooting skills to have an impact on design, best practices across the service? Are you looking for new challenges or to make a career move to build on your engineering skills? Do you have a passion for Engineering, and to "built it right"?
If you answered "Yes" to these questions, the Core Platform Engineering (CPE) - Business Applications team is for you! The CPE Business Applications team is looking for a software engineer to help develop and deliver reusable enterprise scenarios build on platforms like Dynamics (D365), CRM, LogicApps, CDS, as well as custom extensions using C#, React, and all of Azure. We are looking for a person who combines passion for customer, technical aptitude, is a team player and has great coordination skills.
The Core Services Engineering group is leading the company's Digital Transformation journey. We collaborate and partner across the entire company building enterprise, reusable, scalable, end-to-end business applications.
We are the first to use our own technology at enterprise scale. Our early adopter experiences, as well as best practices, offer an inside view of Microsoft, which helps inform our customers how to make our technology work for them.
CSE provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate your professional and personal life. CSE employees make global impact on hundreds of thousands of customers and employees who use Microsoft software and services.
As part of the Core Platform Engineering Business Applications team, as a Software Engineer you will be involved in designing, configuring, implementing the business requirements and features leveraging several SaaS (D365) and custom technologies to enable our mission critical business partners. This is a data-driven and fast paced environment - where Software Engineer are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale. It is a great opportunity to work on highly strategic scenarios, especially since Microsoft Dynamics 365 is Microsoft's next billion-dollar business and we at CPE - Business Applications team work closely with Dynamics 365 Products Group to drive feedback into the product through internal implementations, solving complex business problems.
* The ideal candidate is a solid Software Development Engineer with a proven track record of delivering in a feature crew structure.
* Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a dynamic / agile environment
* A passion for improving engineering practices and producing high quality software
* Self-motivated and customer-focused
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Experience in Dynamics (CRM, AX, 365)
* Expertise in Azure technologies and SSIS
* Experience in Modern UI technologies like React is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for a passionate and motivated software engineer for Dynamics 365 implementations and cloud platform development leveraging all of Azure and Office365. You will be expected to work collaboratively across engineering teams in both Core Engineering and Product Groups to solve complex technical challenges to meet business goals and maintain service health. You will also be expected to demonstrate ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry. You will use every opportunity to build features to be reusable across multiple solutions both internal and external to Microsoft, as well as leverage features from others in your solutions.
Other responsibilities include:
* Participate in design, requirements engineering, scrum execution, and technical discussions
* Deliver required functionality per Microsoft standards, align with portfolio roadmaps
* Detail design of the E2E solution -Utilize reference architecture in project design work
* Enhance the project capabilities by continuous improvements & innovation, develop strong partnership with business and other groups, globally & ensure both excellence in design and delivery.
* Support Domain Architects in the definition of solution and technology roadmaps and industry standards
An ideal candidate will bring:
* A strong technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles and architecture design. Alternatively, in depth knowledge of Dynamics365 capabilities, architecture and deployment.
* Self-motivation and proactive attitude - Able to operate independently and true ownership
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.