Microsoft Retail Stores has an opening for a Software Engineer 2 that will help with implementation of the microservice layer for the online store. The microservice layer will be responsible for handling calls from web browsers (AJAX) as well as backend system calls.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* 3+ years of experience designing and developing software systems.
* A BS or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Experience designing and implementing scalable and secure REST APIs.
Describe the ideal candidate
* Experience developing event-driven microservice architectures (Azure Functions, AWS Lambda, OpenWhisk).
* Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging capability.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work collaboratively with a team of diverse and talented peers and foster an environment where group success outweighs individual success.
* Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue investigations with the feature teams and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
* Execute in an agile model where you do up-front sprint planning, participate in scrums, and maintain a good glide path towards completion.
* Own accurate costing for your engineering activities and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality.
* Create microservices that power Microsoft's ecommerce website.
* Contribute to the CI/CD infrastructure.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.