Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you someone with a passion for data, analytics, insights and technology? Do you want to be part of a team lighting up actionable insights to help the organization make business decisions and improve customer experience? Do you want to be at the forefront of driving company-wide impact using Big Data?
The Customer Engagement Solutions (CES) Data Engineering (DE) team is transforming the customer support infrastructure and executing against modern engineering and customer first strategy.
The Data Engineering team builds and operates an extensive data platform that associates telemetry and customer contact data. By connecting data across different product/service telemetry and contact routing systems, the DE platform provides Microsoft with visibility and insights into our customer and support agent interaction. With strong, trusted partnerships across the company and outside third-party partners, DE provides foundational and operational support for our businesses that were never before possible.
Our scope is currently expanding to include, data ingestion and management, live site and scorecard reporting, deep data analysis and application development for entire telecom contact support space within Microsoft.
Come be a core member of this exciting space and join an amazing, growing team!
We are looking for motivated data engineer who is passionate about leading change, exploiting and optimizing cloud services, driving experiences across internal Microsoft and external stakeholders, growing our platform, incorporating new workloads and expanding our critical services. As a data engineer in this highly visible role, you will be responsible for developing the high-quality software needed to optimize our data platform by direct contributions, learning from others, leveraging others work and contributing to the success of others. You will take on the challenging opportunities and issues inherent in building high-volume, extensible, highly reliable, continuously operating platform services that serve internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for evolving the platform using cloud resources, collaborating with our talented FTE and vendor engineers and close partnership collaboration with our engineering, PM and operations teams.
* Expertise in database technology with solid understanding and hands-on skills with SQL Server, SSIS, solid understanding of SSAS / n-dimensional cubes
* Solid experience building business intelligence solutions (data warehouse, ETL, Reports) and ability to understand instrumentation and devise technical solutions
* Proficiency in PowerBI
* Experience with Azure big data platform including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Azure SQL
* Bachelors or Master's degree, preferred or -5+years relevant experience
Preferred, not required:
* UI development experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and develop software, solutions and platforms that meet business requirements, ensure that your work complies with our team's engineering standards, architectural roadmap and meets our delivery milestones and SLAs.
* Practice iterative software development and SCRUM life cycles
* Develop self-serve visualizations, dashboards and scorecards to enable visibility into key business and operational metrics for our leadership and product teams
* Identifying pain points of our users and levers that will help us move key metrics and help set the strategy and roadmap of our data infrastructure
* Assist the Ops team in publishing your code, communicate work, status and metrics as needed, ensure timely resolution of urgent operational, service that require engineering support.
* Solve highly unstructured business problems and Influence overall solution approach across the team and with stakeholders.
* Partner with our extended team of PMs, service engineers, support delivery managers, operation professionals and engineers to ensure reporting requirements, delivery plans, engineering execution, risks and issues and support scenarios are well-understood and communicated.
* Become a SME on multiple business processes and how related solutions are expressed in our services and technology and mentor other engineers.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.