Azure Compute is Azure's most profitable business and is growing incredibly fast! We provide millions of virtual machines for customers to run their workloads in the cloud. We are a globally available foundational service that hosts services with the scale of Bing, Skype, and SQL Azure. Customers use the power of Azure Compute to host millions of multiplayer gaming sessions and solve large computational problems in seconds. Workloads range from new "born-in-the-cloud" services to traditional applications migrated from physical datacenters.
The Azure Systems Device Manager team is the "kernel" of the Microsoft Compute Cloud. We build a fault tolerant distributed system on top of commodity datacenter hardware to deliver an infrastructure for hosting cloud applications on both physical and virtual servers. We create an illusion that resources are limitless, infinitely elastic, and always available.
* 2+ years of software development experience
* Strong experience with C#/Java/C/C++ and systems programming.
* Demonstrated ability and passion for designing and building large scale distributed systems.
* Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
* The ability to multi-task while balancing short-term and long-term tasks is essential.
* 1+ years of experience building scalable distributed systems
* 2+ years of software development experience in a product group.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
* Experience with machine learning, AI and online services is a big plus.
"Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, reliability, scalability, latency, security, resiliency, and efficiency of a service
* Contribute in debugging, troubleshooting complete stack of a service and drive analysis of an outage; write software and build automation to resolve problems permanently.
* Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
* Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
* Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements.
* Conduct periodic on call duties.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.