Consumer Sales and Marketing Engineering is the primary engineering partner for the Microsoft Stores and Microsoft Consumer business. We're the engineering team that builds the technologies that enables our stores to be the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community, and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft.
CSME has an opening for a highly motivated software engineer that will be responsible for extending and enhancing our Data and Analytics platform. You will be responsible for driving the design, development and implementation of Big Data Solutions for store operations. As part of your work, you will contribute to digitally transform stores and be part of success of over 100 stores across the world and empower store associates to deliver the best service to engage customers. We are looking for someone that has a passion to help shape our brick and mortar stores and help promote the Microsoft brand by delivering best in-class store experiences.
A well-qualified candidate is highly technical and designing enterprise scale Big Data solutions. They are a self-starter with abundant intellectual curiosity who excels at framing problems analytically, comfortable working through ambiguity, and have a proven track record of helping leverage analytical insights to drive impactful decisions.
* 5+ years Software Engineering experience
* Experience working through full product cycles from initial design to final product and shipping on time
* Expertise in C# or Python or U-SQL or similar programming languages, ability to leverage APIs and strong debugging skills
* Engineering experience building big data solutions, large-scale data processing using Hadoop, Spark, U-SQL etc.
* Experience with Azure big data platform including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Azure SQL.
* Strong design and implementation skills
* Deep knowledge of the modern engineering principles and practices
* Proven experience managing ambiguity from incubation to actual product delivery
* Solid written/verbal communications skills and excellent problem-solving skills
* BS/MSc in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related sciences - or equivalent work experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Effectively partner with stakeholders to formulate approaches to solve problems using algorithms and models. will use data exploration techniques to discover new opportunities within your problem area.
* Interpret the results of analyses, validate approaches, and learn to monitor, analyze, and iterate to continuously improve
* Serve as a subject matter expert on the Data Engineer to guide data-driven decision making.
* Partner with engineering teams across Microsoft to evaluate tools that can be leveraged for analyzing data at scale.
* Partner with fellow engineering teams to build smart, self-healing services to run smart stores.
* Monitor Service health, by effective instrumentation and monitoring framework
* Operating in a DevOps model while engaging modern engineering practices
* Providing quality input on peer code reviews and architectural designs
* Providing influence on schedule, feature, and product designs
* Owning costing for your engineering activities
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.