Do you want to work on one of the largest online marketplaces? Do you want to deliver the end-to-end solutions for apps, games, videos and music across phone, desktop and Xbox? Microsoft is betting on us to deliver a robust consumer and enterprise commerce experience that will propel the company forward.
We are looking for an Engineer to join a team focused on pushing the boundaries of payment, money transfer and storage experiences and technologies. We are looking for an individual capable of driving execution, leveraging the latest existing technologies, while innovating on new experiences, and factoring these into production implementations. We are looking for individuals with experience building online services, strong design skills with emphasis in Security, Instrumentation, Reliability and automation. The successful candidate should have an innovative spirit and be able to apply their knowledge and best practices to propose, design and implement successful tools and strategies.
If you thrive on innovation and big challenges and want to be a part of a big bet for our company's success, we would love to talk with you about joining our team! This is a great opportunity to build on your skills and experiences and have a real impact on the future of our business in a fast-paced and very competitive market. We look forward to hearing from you.
* 1-5 years of software development, with solid skills and experience coding in C# and Powershell.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in a Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
* Demonstrated proficiency in web service development, large scale services and technologies.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* A passion for software development and reliability engineering.
* Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
* Proven skills and experience in gathering, analyzing and reporting on telemetry data.
* Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
* Great leadership skills, with ability to drive projects to completion.
* Willingness to Mentor team with your experiences and best practices in software development.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Evaluate and Improve client experience interacting with services, SQL, Network, latency, reliability and availability.
* Automate solutions for manual processes that are performed by humans. Create Measures, tools & reports on service performance.
* Analyze system trending - Provide systems statistical trending and analysis expertise including trending in system capacity and threshold testing and monitoring, performance characteristics.
* Design, implementation, and testing of server-side code.
* Collaborating with partner teams to deliver end-to-end systems and experiences.
* Investigating and prototyping new technologies and frameworks.
* Contributing to team-wide infrastructure investments.
* Evaluate systems and technology - Assess new systems designs and technical strategies.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.