Azure Commerce & Ecosystem (C+E) enables one of Microsoft's most business-critical needs: electronic monetization of products and services. C+E is developing some of Microsoft's largest scale, most business-critical cloud services. These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and processes millions of transactions daily, with loads growing linearly as Microsoft moves to a fully cloud-powered services and devices company. The platform powers all of Microsoft's key businesses - Azure, Office 365, XBOX, Windows App Store to name just a few. The platform also powers the licensing business for millions of customers large and small, enabling them to use Microsoft software and services across cloud, on-premises, and hybrid scenarios. Whether renting a movie or buying a game on Xbox LIVE, purchasing an app on a Windows, signing up for an Office 365 subscription or paying for Azure services, you are using the Core Commerce Platform.
The Commerce Platform and Tools team is responsible for building and shipping critical services and components to standardize the technology stack and tooling for commerce services and accelerate the convergence into modern architecture in a compliant, secure, scalable and cost-effective way. We are looking for a talented and self-driven software engineer, with great passion for agility, quality, efficiency, and the desire to drive innovation. You will work with a dedicated team of high-caliber individuals and across different disciplines who greatly enjoy working together as we deliver our technology and solutions to the commerce teams. This is a critical role for our team and we're looking for a great software engineer who is excited about an opportunity to design, implement and influence the commerce platform and tools.
* 2+ years of relevant software design and development experience preferably on shipped server products or services
* 2+ years of working with C# or Java
* A BS/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation, communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences
* Experience with building a highly scalable online service
* Experience with C#, ASP.Net, IIS and WCF
* Solid written and verbal communications skills
* Proven Experience of working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
* Outstanding technical problem solving skills
* A proven track record of shipping quality products on time
* Experience with Azure Data Lake.
* Solid working knowledge of SQL and database design
* Experience writing performance-critical code
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and development of large scale online and offline platform and tools for commerce systems.
* Optimize platforms and systems to make them highly performant, reliable and cost-effective.
* Develop platform and tools that are robust, allow for rapid development, low development cost, and low maintenance cost.
* Architect and implement incremental update to the commerce systems.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.