Summary of Job Purpose:
* - Participate in the development of test and embedded software per Aerospace Standard, DO-178C and FAA requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* - Analyze user needs to design and code.
* - Define products and systems architectures
* - Be part of Software development and certification.
* - Participate actively in design and code reviews and conduct and enforce code reviews.
* - Design and develop solution strategy which supports productivity, maintainability, interoperability, and product growth.
* - Plan and assist in unit, system, acceptance, load, capacity and performance testing by designing tests, building test data, along with making recommendations/improvements/fixes to the tested system
* - Independently determines general approach and specific solutions to technical problems.
* - Conduct technical and feature risks assessments and reliability enhancements.
* - Develop and maintain the embedded software of the various equipment in conjunction with hardware and system engineering, including the display application software.
* - Manage software life-cycle per DO-178C process (requirement, design, testing, formal V&V process)
* - Develops moderately complex software in C, C++, C#, Java, assembly language, or other selected languages following coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.
* - Utilizes software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process.
* - Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionality as part of a software project.
* - Contributes to technical research on new technologies.
* - Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some electrical design aspects.
* - May work with software vendors to integrate externally developed deliverables into project.
* - Provide Engineering support to other departments within the Company (e.g. customer support).
* - Improve Safran practices relative to Software Engineering.
* - Responsible for the quality / cost /schedule of the software development work package.
* - Failure to meet quality standards could end up in expensive and/or timely redesign.
* - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* - Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipment).
Education / Experience:
* -Bachelor Degree (Master Degree preferred) in software engineering, completed by an experience of 5+ years in the development of software, preferably in civil avionics.
* - Experience in cockpit display system, especially in the areas of FAA regulations (e.g. AC25-11A), human factors and competitors' features
* - Excellent team working skills, prompt to initiative, autonomous.
* - Medium Level - Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* - Interpersonal skills must be adapted to the unique requirements of the organization.
* - Aviation experience related.
* - National Instruments test equipment and software (LabView, TestStand) experience will be a plus.
* - Motor control driver (close loop algorithm) knowledge will be a plus.
* - Airborne Cyber Security knowledge will be a plus.
* - HSE (Health / Security / Environment) experience related will be a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
C/C++/C# programming language
Embedded Software development environment and compiler
Real time operating environment (RTOS)
Civil avionics digital interfaces (RS-232, RS-422, ARINC-429, ARINC-708)
Airborne software development under quality assurance per RTCA DO-178C, Level A, B, or C.
Software-based tools (JIRA issue-tracking tool, ENOVIA or SVN revision control system, DOORS or Reqtify requirement management tool, SAP logistic tool)
Knowledge of FAA regulations
Knowledge and understanding of Human Factors
Knowledge of competitors features
Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills:
* -Very good organizational skills
* -Team player
* -Ability to analyze, to synthesize and to report to hierarchy
* -Responsiveness, accuracy and rigor
* -Customer oriented
Physical Requirements :
* - Office
* - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
* - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* - Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
* - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Company information Safran Electronics & Defense
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Safran is an international technology group operating in the aviation, defense, and space markets.