Two Sigma Investments
Duties: Responsible for designing and engineering features for the Venn software application, an application that helps institutional investors understand how individual macroeconomic factors contribute to overall performance and portfolio risk and bring new quantitative analyses to investment selection and strategic asset allocation. Responsible for building and engineering the right features and collaborating with product management and other software engineers to do so and designing and building software tests to ensure and maintain high quality of the software and identify and resolve any issues. Perform front-end software developing and engineering duties by utilizing expertise in the React.js software language framework, Amazon Web Services, and other software technologies. Introduce new software and services as useful by staying on top of the latest developments in the software ecosystem.
Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical field.
Minimum experience required: 18 months of experience in software engineering, or related experience.
* Must have experience with Software Development Lifecycle approaches including standard tooling for development in this area (git, node, npm/yarn, etc.).
* Must have experience with Cloud Infrastructure (including Amazon Web Services) and demonstrated knowledge of web application architecture.
* Must have experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery.
* Must have demonstrated knowledge of best practices for front end testing, including unit testing, integration testing and end to end testing.
* Must have experience with optimizing web application performance, cross-browser compatibility and web accessibility.
* Must have demonstrated knowledge of agile development practices, product management and REST API design, ability to break work down into stories and estimate, prioritize and plan work items to be handled during sprints and milestones.
* Must have demonstrated knowledge of product support and logging/monitoring tools such as PagerDuty and New Relic.
Must also pass company's required skills assessment.
Employer will accept any amount of professional experience with the required skills.
About Two Sigma Investments
Two Sigma Investments is a privately owned hedge fund sponsor.