Software Engineer Job Description
Windows Drivers Software Engineer - Microsoft Features Co-engineering (MFC) Team
The Platform Software Engineering (PSE) delivers software and solutions for key IPs and platforms as well as complex subsystems for IO, power delivery, media, security, and communications domains by partnering with SOC/IP teams and business units across Intel.
The organization is comprised of passionate, energetic, and self-driven software engineers and leaders who contribute to the design, development, implementation and debug of new features and functionality in the Microsoft Systems and Technology. We work closely with engineering and design leads from the product groups at Intel and Microsoft to define and enable technologies for the next generation devices and Intel SOC's on the Windows* OS. If you want to make an impact on Intel's future products, then come join us in the PSE team!
We are looking for a self-driven Windows driver software engineer to define and drive broad driver development, debug, optimization and co-engineering strategies along with Microsoft technical leads. The role involves working across organizational boundaries within Intel and with Microsoft's feature development teams and business units to enable state-of-the-art features that require a strong OS and silicon partnership to deliver. This person will analyze multiple scenarios and features being requested by business unit imperatives and platforms to determine overall development enabling and integration plans, including feature definition and decomposition, and determination of the best hardware platform and IPs to use
Responsibilities will include:
* Developing driver code for Windows, co-engineering with Microsoft to drive compliance and optimization.
* Leading co-engineering integration & test planning, execution & delivery. This includes creating holistic integration plans, including which platforms will be used for feature development, which driver and OS teams need to come together to deliver an integrated capability, and how to test the functionality and performance of the new capabilities.
* Developing strategies to reduce the cost of new feature development for Intel by investing in automation and leveraging Microsoft's onsite systems to move system integration and testing upstream.
* Define and drive methodology changes in Intel's software integration & test tools, and processes across build, test and deployment for all product segments.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with 2+ years of industry experience in R&D, product development and/or validation:
* Strong background and experience in C/C++, Windows WDDM driver development.
* Knowledge of Performance profiling tools like VTune & Windows performance profilers.
* Windows driver debugging with WinDbg.
* Proven ability to work across organizational, functional and cultural boundaries.
* Risk-taking to explore new possibilities for improvement and innovation.
* Strong technical and analytical problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently to set clear expectations, measure results, and prioritize tasks to meet the engineering and business goals of the program.
* Clear verbal, written communication and presentation skills with the ability to present complex issues with clarity to drive decisions.
* Experience in Windows* driver development, integration and validation of a platform or system level.
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook™, All-in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
Intel is a developer and manufacturer of microprocessors and other semiconductor components.